Job Title: Organizer, Protect Our Care CT Campaign
Protect Our Care CT Campaign (POCCT) is hiring an organizer to work in the northwest region of Connecticut. The POCCT organizer will focus on engaging individuals from grassroots organizations, community leaders and organizational allies in advocacy and organizing efforts to promote the POCCT agenda. POCCT (www.protectourcarect.org) is focused on the following:The Protect Our Care CT Campaign supports comprehensive, high quality, affordable and accessible health care for all Connecticut residents.Protect Our Care CT seeks to:
- preserve and strengthen the gains made by the Affordable Care Act, and
- defend Medicaid, Medicare and women's health programs.
- respond to threats to health care coverage and programs, and
- advocate at the national and state level for policies that support health equity and health care for everyone.
- Experience with issue-based community outreach and engagement efforts
- Good written communication skills
- Ability to use social media and online communication platforms
- Comfort with giving public presentations
- Flexibility in work schedule – including evenings and weekends
- Reliable transportation
- Basic knowledge of health care policy and/or politics preferred
- Well organized and self-motivated
- Creative problem solver
- Team player